Programmes available in Germany
School Stay in Germany
Summer camp in Germany
Two way Exchange Ireland Student Germany Exchange
Two way exchanges between Ireland and Germany.
The Irish student will be matched with a German family having a child of a similar age who wants to improve their English.
For this programme the Irish student will travel to Germany and stay for a number of weeks with a German family and will speak and be immersed in the German language while there. The German student will travel to Ireland to improve their English language skills and to experience our culture and the way of life here. The families agree the travel dates and sequence of the visits. Both students will be together for the duration of the stay in Germany and Ireland.
Each student will be fully integrated into the life and activities of their exchange family as a member of the family. All accommodation and meals are provided by the family for the visiting student.
Price 2019: For an exchange up to 4 weeks long the price is €350.00 and €500 for 4- 8 weeks.
Ages: 12 to 18 and TY
Time of year: During school holidays or school year. In general German students have only 6 weeks
summer holidays and like to take a family break. However this short summer holiday in Germany means that Irish students may have an opportunity to attend a secondary school in Germany during the Irish student's longer
summer holidays, without the need to take time out of school.
Duration of two way exchanges Germany: At least 3 weeks each way. We aim to suit your needs as far as possible, but note that a minimum stay of ~ 3 weeks is requested by many German exchange students as they are really keen to build their language skills and oral competence. Many German students are happy with long exchanges. We have several German students seeking exchanges with Irish students, their preference is to be in Ireland during the school year. A 'Student Exchange' to Germany is ideal also for those participating in Transition Year Programmes, interested in spending part of TY in Europe to aid their progress in the German language.
Applying for an Exchange: The steps involved:
- If travelling and receiving a foreign student during the school year, please discuss the exchange with your school principal.
- We correspond and communicate with you to answer any questions you have before making the decision to apply for a two way exchange.
- Complete our student application form and submit it to us together with requested documentation so we can prepare your family profile.
- We issue an invoice and send you details of Garda vetting process.
- On receipt of application fee we prepare and send your family profile to our partner for consideration.
- We send a proposed exchange student profile to you for consideration.
- Once accepted and subject to a clear Garda vetting, receipt of school reference and payment of balance due you will receive the direct contact name and details of your exchange student and family .
- You can immediately begin corresponding with the exchange student, book flights, travel insurance and the two families begin to get to know each other.
- Complete all documents required for the student travel.